Well I handed in my 4 weeks notice to work last week.
As of the 18th August I will be off for a month before I start Uni as a full time nursing student.
Summer holidays here I come 😀
I will be spending time with C before she goes back to nursery as we will be upping her hours and she will be going for 2 and a half days a week.
I’m currently looking for a last minute holiday somewhere for us to go on, Do you have any suggestions?
Looking at the last week in August/ start of September, somewhere that isn’t to far to travel ( from home in Liverpool) but with things to do.
I’m also looking at doing some day trips and visiting some local attractions like the museum and possibly the zoo.
I will also be sorting out things in the house, getting everything clean and tidy. I know that once i’m at uni then I wont be able to help around the house as much and that my mum will have c a lot more on her own so it will be harder to keep on top of all the household chores.
I want to use some of the time once C is back in nursery to sort out her room, maybe put her bed from toddler sized into the next stage and get rid of some of the babyish toys and things in there.
If I can make the room into a good space for her to play and relax. As i’m sure she will be becoming more independent as she grows older and be able to play on her own.
I also want to encouraging her so get dressed on her own and tidy up after herself so reorganising her room will help with that.
What are you top tips for kids bedrooms?
In December I applied through UCAS to go back to uni. I applied for Adult nursing at Liverpool John Moore uni, Liverpool Uni, Edge Hill university and Salford uni, as well as operations department practice at Edge hill.
It didn’t take long to get my first two replies and they weren’t promising
Liverpool uni -rejected my application.
Edge Hill ( operations department practice) – rejected.
Then just before I went on holiday I got interviews at Edge hill and Salford They were both meant to be while I was away but I contacted the uni’s and them moved them to February 11th and 16th.
On Friday the 19th I got a conditional offer for September 2016 from Edge hill (Adult nursing) . The conditions stated they wanted to see my GCSE certificates and Degree certificate.
Then on Monday Salford gave me an Unconditional offer for March 2016, I had been asked in my interview if I could start next month but after thinking about it Salford is a little far to travel each day and very short notice to finish work and get everything sorted in just a month.
I’m so excited to be going back to uni to study nursing, I did apply for Children’s nursing before I had Charlotte, I had interviews but didn’t get a place. So applied for Adult nursing this time as I’m not sure that I would be able to nurse children after having C.
I’ll hopefully be writing about my experience, I might even make a new blog or at least a separate page for it all.
After my post yesterday I think it’s time to write a few things that I am planning to do this year to make it a little happier, hopefully nothing happens to mess up my plans.
- I am still signed up to do the 10k race for life in Liverpool on the 5th July, I certainly won’t be running but i’m determined to walk and finish it. I could do with some more sponsors if you think that you would like to sponsor me then just log onto my just giving page to donate that way or see/speak to me about filling in a sponsorship form.
- I am looking to do some volunteer work in a hospital to give me some more experience and give me something else to add to my Uni application.
- I am going to reapply to Uni to do a nursing degree, I did apply a few years ago before I had Charlotte but I wasnt luck enough to get a place, then I had my beautiful little girl.
- I am going to look at a nursery for C, She doesnt get any free funding until Easter term next year but I’d like to find a nice nursery for her to go to.
- Danielle and I are going to London in October for the weekend, I really hope this doesn’t get cancelled as whenever we plan a holiday something happens!
- I think I will do the lotto and enter some competitions because after all the bad luck that we have had this year some good luck should be on its way to us!
Fingers crossed that its all blue skies and rainbows for the rest of the year, I’ve had enough of grey skies and rain.
Wish me luck!